Posted by : Unknown Wednesday, October 29, 2014

10202014-Website

Last month I had the opportunity to go to the initial meeting of Emerging Leaders of Southern Indiana with my cousin Daniel Shireman at the Loft in downtown New Albany.

Sometimes I get discouraged by thinking about the "brain drain" and remembering some of the best and brightest from my hometown of Lanesville and the Providence High School class of '97 and how we've lost that talent to the big city.

So it was refreshing to meet a lot of the talented young professionals crowd for Clark, Floyd and Harrison counties. A lot of credit should go to Garrett Smith who organized the event and Leadership Southern Indiana who hosted it. It seems like every event I go to with Leadership Southern Indiana I come away more impressed with Mark Eddy and his team.

It was a great chance to network meet other young professionals in a relaxed after-work setting.

There was also a roundtable panel hosted by GLI president Kerry Stemler, which included Andrew Takami, Crystal Gunther and Jay Conner. It drug on too long and I had to go, but the event was a great first step.

For those of you who couldn't make it, there's another event coming up that should be even better. 

Huber's in Starlight is touring everone through their new distillery on Nov. 13th from 5:30 to 7pm. Here's the link:

http://leadershipsi.org/event/emerging-leaders-at-hubers-winery/

I know we all get bogged down with kids, work and obligations but I'm hoping this organization gets off the ground and thrives. If you're under 40 give it a shot.

I'll see you there.

--Jeff

P.S. - Just don't follow me back from Starlight as I always come down the wrong way off the hill and end up in Borden or something.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Blog Authors

Popular Post

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Blogger templates